Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Jordan and I had our very first Christmas together; not just as a married couple but as a couple. We started dating in August so we’ve never had a Christmas together. It was so wonderful to spend the holidays with my best friend.

Christmas Eve we went over to Jordan’s Aunt Sarah’s house for brunch with the family. It was so good! Jordan and I even got to watch our wedding video for the first time. It made me want to get married to Jordan all over again! Ok really I just want to put the dress on again haha. In the evening we went back and had a bonfire outside roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. I started hearing fire trucks and everyone else started to get excited. The next thing I know I’m hearing someone yell “Hurry before we miss it”, Jo grabbing my hand, and then we all started running. There were police cars and fire trucks all lit up with Christmas lights and playing Christmas music. Santa was even on top of the fire truck. I tried to take a video of it but forgot to press the record button so all I have is a picture. I’ll be doing a post soon filled with just pictures from our trip to Ontario, Utah, and Christmas. It was so exciting though!!! I already can’t wait until next year to see it again!

Christmas morning I woke up at 4:00am and put Jo’s surprise present under the tree. I’ve had it hidden in our closet for a couple of weeks and luckily he never found it. I tried so hard not to make any noise and ruin the surprise. After that I couldn’t really get back to sleep. I tried to get Jo up at 6am to open presents but he made me wait until 7 haha. He was totally surprised by the extra gift by the tree. We took lots of pictures opening the presents my family sent from Ontario so we could share that with them later. Jo did an amazing job picking out presents for me. I loved everything he got me! One of my presents was a sapphire and diamond ring, necklace, and earrings set. It looks kind of like Katie Middleton’s ring but obviously a lot smaller. I love it!!! One of our family gifts was a Star Wars puzzle that we found in Utah. The set came with two puzzles and we put the smaller one together before church. We had a lot of fun together and sharing our love of Star Wars (seriously this guy is perfect for me – which I obviously caught on to very early in our relationship).

The Christmas program at church was amazing! I felt the Spirit so strongly during the choir numbers. We did the four-handed with organ arrangement of Angels We Have Heard on High and I always love playing that. I love playing any music that includes the organ and makes a statement and this song definitely does that. After church we got together for Christmas dinner with Jo’s family and then Skyped with my parents and Katie in Ontario. I think Skype is one of the best inventions! It makes it so much easier to see my family back home. I am definitely going to be taking advantage of that more often! We got together with my side of the family for Christmas dinner on Boxing Day. It’s so great to spend so much time with family!

I have to say that my first Christmas with Jo was amazing!! We both had two days off from work and spent a lot of time together and with family. Each day I remembered just how grateful I am for him. He’s always helping me with the cleaning and offering to help make all the meals and even makes them himself sometimes if I’m busy or tired. He holds my hand when I’m walking outside in my high heels so I don’t fall and to help me get into the Sorento since it’s higher up. He makes the bed every morning. He tells me I’m beautiful even when I definitely don’t feel that way. He watches Say Yes to the Dress with me (and doesn’t even complain about it!). Jo does so much for me that I’m so grateful for. There is no one else I would rather have spent this Christmas and every Christmas with in the future.

Merry Christmas from the Martins!

No comments:

Post a Comment