Thursday, January 31, 2013

Brand New Year! Brand New Me!

I think I am officially the worst blogger ever! It's been just over a year and absolutely 0 posts. Not a single one. Now I'm to that same point that I get to when I've lapsed in my journal writing - "Where do I even start?!"

So I'm going to do what I do with my journal and just start from today - or this year. I know it's a little late to have a New Years post but I'm going to do it all the same.

For 2013 I've made a few goals for myself. I didn't make too many because I'm a firm believer that you can make new goals every day and try again every ever day or new week.

Goal #1 - Become a runner!

I've watched the people outside in the summer going for a run or jog and I've always been jealous. My cardio has never been great and I'll run 2 blocks maximum before I'm done and need to walk. And to add to it I see all these posts on Facebook of people doing marathons and I get even more jealous. So this year I have become determined to finally be able to run!

Last September I bought the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I had starting noticing that my clothes were no longer fitting and I had probably gained about 15 pounds. So I had bought this program to try and get back into better shape. With all of my travelling back and for to Edmonton for work, I wasn't consistent in the 90 day program. So as of Jan 1 I started over at the beginning again. I've had a lot of trouble in the last year with shin splints but this program has absolutely taken care of that problem! The first 4 weeks are fairly low impact and works it way up so now I can be confident that I can become a runner without worrying about shin splints! Aside from that, I am completely loving this program. Watching The Biggest Loser gives me inspiration to be a runner too. If they can run a few miles then so can I! It also has helped me to understand the importance of what foods I'm putting into my body. I'm doing much better with eating healthy and can happily say I've lost nearly all of those 15 pounds and starting to gain a bit more toning. Loving it!

Goal #2 - No excuses!

I don't think I would label myself as a lazy person but I will definitely say I make a ton of excuses! Especially with the busy work schedule that I have it's easier to make these excuses. "No Excuses" has become my new motto and I find myself way more productive than I used to be. A few expamples are - I wash the dishes more often now instead of using the dishwasher all the time, I make lunches for Jo and I, I wake up every morning at 4am before work to exercise, and this week I have started meal planning! I've even applied it to work so I'm giving 100% every single day. I feel so much better at the end of my day that I've accomplished so much and I find I'm sleeping better too because I've been so active. I've always been someone who wakes up every hour or so but lately I have been sleeping right through the night which has been so much better!


I have many other things that I try to work on consistently each day/week but these are my 2 major ones for the year. And of course I'd like to keep up to date with some blog posts and maybe even develop my blog look to be a little more more personal instead of the standard templates. Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment